The first Homeland Security National Dialogue goes live on August 3rd and that’s only one week from today. Your feedback will help form our nation’s homeland security goals and objectives and determine the ways in which we achieve them. YOU can have a voice in shaping Homeland Security policy for the next four years.
An email we received last week stated that 1700 stakeholders have already signed up. We estimate that between 100 and 200 members of our Homeland Security Response Network and National Terror Alert have already responded, but we can do more. Now is the time to make sure that you and others in our network bring their best ideas and proposals to the table.
Please take a moment right now to help spread the word:
- Share this page and information with five friends or colleagues whose ideas and perspectives should be part of this discussion.
- Post a message or link on your blog, newsletter, corporate intranet, or e-mail list.
Use one of these links to spread the word to those in your social networks.
- Register to participate.
Your participation, and that of stakeholders like you around the nation, will inform this important review of our nation’s homeland security strategy and priorities.
The National Dialogue is a conversation between you, other Homeland Security stakeholders, and DHS on an innovative web-based platform. The National Dialogue is an iterative process, building on your input over the course of three dialogues. Each of the three dialogues will involve discussions on six topics being reviewed by DHS:
- Counterterrorism and Domestic Security Management
- Securing Our Borders
- Smart and Tough Enforcement of Immigration Laws
- Preparing for, Responding to, and Recovering from Disasters
- Homeland Security National Risk Assessment
- Homeland Security Planning and Capabilities