CDC is reporting it has received reports of fraudulent emails (phishing) referencing a CDC sponsored State Vaccination Program.
The CDC has NOT implemented a state vaccination program requiring registration on www.cdc.gov. CDC reminds users to take the following steps to reduce the risk of being a victim of a phishing attack:
- Do not follow unsolicited links and do not open or respond to unsolicited email messages.
- Use caution when visiting un-trusted websites.
- Use caution when entering personal information online.
- H1N1 Protection in Coming Season’s Flu Vaccines: FDA (nlm.nih.gov)
- The Flu Vaccine Is Coming! The Flu Vaccine Is Coming! (blogs.wsj.com)
- Companies start shipping U.S. flu vaccines (reuters.com)
Category: Incident Reports