Arlington Pair Ordered Held Without Bail In Bomb Incident



A federal judge in Fort Worth has ordered two people to remain in custody without bail who were arrested last weekend in an incident that brought the bomb squad to east Fort Worth. We first reported the story here.

Arlington residents Kimberly Al-Homsi, 45, and Yasinul Ansari, 18, made their first appearance before Judge Charles Bleil on a charge of possession of an unregistered firearm.

Al-Homsi and Ansari, who reportedly is Al-Homsi’s son’s best friend, both waived their right to fight temporary detention and their right to have the charge read Tuesday afternoon in the courtroom of U.S. Magistrate Judge Charles Bleil.

Both were dressed in camouflage fatigues and are expected to be held at the Mansfield Jail pending a federal indictment which could occur within the next 30 days, officials said.

On Saturday evening a motorist called 911 to say that a weapon had been pointed at him from a passing pickup truck. Arlington police tried to pull over a pickup matching the description the caller gave, but the driver refused to stop and a chase began, police said.

After about a 20-minute chase, the pickup hit a patch of ice, spun out of control and came to a stop on Rosedale beneath Loop 820 in Fort Worth.

Al-Homsi was in the truck, police said, and told officers that there were three pipe bombs in a bag located in the back seat area of her vehicle, according to a criminal complaint.

The bag was safely removed by the Fort Worth Bomb squad.

via Arlington pair ordered held without bail in Fort Worth bomb incident | News | News from ….

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Facebook comments:

Leave a Comment