In a taunting, 24 minute message that dwelled on Obama’s setbacks, including the loss of Massachusetts Senate seat to the Republicans, Adam Gadahn set out al-Qaida’s conditions for peace with the U.S., including cutting support for Israel and withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan.
Gadahn said that if you compared the number of dead Muslims “with the relatively small number of Americans we have killed so far, it becomes crystal-clear that we haven’t even begun to even the score,” he said, dressed in a white robe and turban.
More From CNN
CNN could not independently verify the authenticity of the 24-minute video, posted on websites known to carry such messages in the past and carrying the name of as-Sahab, al Qaeda’s media arm. In it, Gadahn speaks in English; the video features Arabic subtitles.
“Yes, Barack,” Gadahn says. “Just as our demands remain the same, the choice America and its allies face also remains the same — either the possible restoration of your safety and security by ignoring the opposition of your tyrannical corporations and special-interest groups and restoring the rights you have stolen from Muslims and other persecuted and oppressed nations, or guaranteeing for yourselves a future of misery, insecurity and ultimately defeat, should you continue to ravage our countries, interfere in our affairs and trample on our dignity, liberty and sovereignty.”
Related articles by Zemanta
- ‘Honestly, Barack': American Al Qaeda Mocks Obama, Promises Strike (abcnews.go.com)
- American Al Qaeda Sets Peace Terms: Get Lost (abcnews.go.com)
- American-born al Qaeda spokesman appears in new video (cnn.com)
- U.S.-Born Al Qaeda Spokesman Rips ‘Serpentine’ Obama, Warns Of New Deadly Attacks (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Al-Qaida spokesman sets peace conditions with US (sfgate.com)