Hurricane Gustav – New Orleans May Face Mandatory Evacuations
Rescue workers were considering evacuating New Orleans as it faced a hurricane threat three years to the day that Katrina devastated the city.
Tropical storm Gustav, which is expected to strengthen into a hurricane, hit Jamaica on Thursday after leaving 67 people dead in Hispaniola, the island divided between Haiti and the Dominican Republic.
The US states of Texas and Louisiana put their national guards on standby, and New Orleans said a mandatory evacuation might be necessary.
Additional Hurricane Gustav Links
- National Hurricane Center
- NOLA.com (New Orleans, Louisiana news)
- Chron.con (Houston, Texas news)
Hurricane Gustav Blogs
- Wunderground Blog
- Twitter search for “Hurricane Gustav”
- Google Blog Search for “Hurricane Gustav”
- Technorati search for “Hurricane Gustav”
- BlogPulse search for “Hurricane Gustav”
Hurricane Gustav Blog Posts
- Wired on Gustav storm surge probabilities
- DailyWireless.org on U.S. wireless preparations for Gustav
Hurricane Gustav Resources